Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Food Food Food

I love to cook and bake. I love the idea that the heart of a home is the kitchen. I love June Cleaver and Margaret Anderson and Ruth Martin and the real people they represent! One of the reasons I have created this blog is in an attempt to be inspired to be more like these women, who for me, are icons of what mothers should be like. They were eternally patient, they always seemed to enjoy their children and they dished out wisdom and love, along with delicious home cooked meals. I realize it isn't necessarily a realistic goal but it is something to shoot for.
The other reason for this blog is that, my husband is constantly asking me to remember what I cooked so that I can make it again. He doesn't eat a lot of meat which sometimes forces me to get kind of creative. Unfortunately I often don't get around to jotting down what I did, which makes it hard to recreate. Hopefully posting on a blog will take care of that.
Anyway recipes will follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment