Sunday, June 13, 2010

SMS: Chocolate Orange Macaroons


This week our SMS host was Ellen of Blue Tree Green Heart. She picked these wonderful, super easy Chocolate Orange Macaroons. They are seriously the easiest cookie I have ever made. They even beat out no-bake cookies, I think, on the easiness scale. This recipe has five ingredients and it literally takes only about 5 minutes to mix it all up. When these first came out of the oven and I tried one warm (because that is the just the kind of impatient person I am) I thought they were pretty good but as they cooled they tasted so much better. I took some down to my mom and dad and they seemed to like them too, especially my mom, who ate "a few" more than the two she planned to eat. Give these a try, especially if you are a fan of coconut! Also be sure to check out how the other bakers did this week and take a look at Ellen's post, she has some really great photographs!

9 comments:

  1. I also thought they were better cooled. Yours look great. Nice and moist in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm the kind of person who always tries things before they cool too! Patience is not a strong point :) Your macaroons look great, glad they were a hit with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so deliciously gooey! I ate the cookies warm and cooled...moderation, when it comes to a good cookie, is not one of my things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your macaroons look amazing! I love the melty chocolate coming out. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your look great and I thought they tasted even better the next day after being in the fridge overnight. But really, who can wait that long to taste them?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The melted chocolate looks especially appealing. I always try things one minute out of the oven too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, easy and tasty- what more do you need?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just loved these, and yours look good too! But I have to disagree . . . I thought they were best while the chocolate was a bit melty. (Luckily it's high summer here, so that's not a problem!)

    ReplyDelete