Thursday, April 1, 2010

Banana Pancakes and my baby's 2nd birthday

Today is my third little guy's birthday! He is turning two so he can't give me a lot of opinions on what he wants for his birthday but I know he LOVES bananas. So today will be a banana themed day. I have a recipe for banana pancakes but I tweaked it to be a little healthier and, in my opinion, a little tastier.



Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg beaten
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. applesauce (instead of oil)
1 mashed banana
1/2 cup chocolate or pb chips (optional)

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add in the wet ingredients. Stir until just moistened. Grease a hot skillet. Drop batter by 1/4 cup and sprinkle chocolate or p.b. chips on top (I used both). Cook on both sides over medium heat for about a minute or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment