Friday, April 23, 2010

More sweet potatoes


My husband's birthday is the day before my oldest son's birthday (my husband's birthday was stressful that year). I gave him the choice of any kind of dessert he wanted for his birthday and he picked, drum roll please, sweet potato pie. The first time he tasted sweet potato pie was a couple years ago, during the Thanksgiving season. We purchased one from Costco and it was so delicious. It tasted smoother and creamier than Pumpkin Pie. Anyway we have sort of been on a personal quest to find a recipe that tastes similar. The one I made didn't, so the quest continues, but it was pretty good in its own right. I got the recipe from here and it is worth a try if you like sweet potatoes. The only thing I would change if I make it again is, I would leave out the lemon juice. I didn't feel like it added to the taste, it was slightly distracting for me. Oh, I also cheated and used a frozen Marie Callendar's pie crust, just because I was short on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment