Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mexican Bean and Rice Soup


This soup is "soup-er" easy. Okay, forgive me, I am not usually one for bad puns! I promise, no more. Anyway my family really loved this soup, especially the hubs! There are only a few ingredients and I had them all in my pantry. This is a great food storage recipe. I got the recipe from my husband's aunt.

Ingredients:
2 (16-oz) cans refried beans
3 c. vegetable broth (I used chicken because that is what I had)
1 can corn, drained
1 c. cooked rice
1 c. mild salsa

Place beans and broth into a pot and stir well to mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, add remaining ingredients, cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

I served with tortilla chips. You could also add cheese and sour cream. This soup really was dead easy and so quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment